Ready for Immediate Display – Not a Model Ship kit
Fine craftsmanship and attention to detail highlight this scale tall model ship replica of HMS Surprise, the ship made famous in Patrick O’Brian’s Aubrey-Maturin series and the film Master and Commander: Far Side of the World with Russel Crowe. Whether seated upon a shelf, desk or table, these HMS Surprise tall ship models proudly displays their exquisitely-crafted features and indomitable historic, patriotic and adventurous spirit.
24″ Long x 4″ Wide x 17″ High
- Built from scratch by our master artisans
- Individual wooden planks used in hull construction
- High quality woods include cherry, birch, maple and rosewood
- Gun ports actually cut into the hull
- Amazing Details, including:
- Authentic scale lifeboat
- Rudder chains, cannonball racks
- Solid brass cannons and metal anchors
- Additional deck details such as cannon balls, barrels, etc.
- Four flags rest atop three masts and rear sail of model ship
- Masterfully stitched, heavy canvas sails hold shape and do not wrinkle
- Taut rigging with varied thread gauge and color
- Wooden base prominently displays the words: HMS Surprise